Monday, July 21, 2008

What am I wearing?


This question was asked of me today so I thought I would put the link on this site... Egyptian Goddess (EG) by Auric Blends. It comes in a larger size and in a roll on - good for travel. I found this scent in Sedona, AZ last year but it is a scent that I have been familiar with for a long time. I have always been into perfumes. My mom used to get me a perfume called Blue Jeans (not the Versace one). It was a yellow bottle with a large denim looking top. Growing up I always loved wearing her perfumes. I have no signature scent as I wear different ones all of the time (my mom's sig scent right now is Kai). I love defining my mood by what perfume I am wearing. I also tend to wear perfumes more seasonally. One thing I did miss about south FL was the robust use of perfumes. It is not the same in TX. The perfumes here are more bold and unfortunately, more trendy.

The first one I ever bought was 1982's Gianni Versace. It was his first and self named perfume. I bought it duty free when I was 13 or 14 in the Bahamas. I loved it then and I love it now, though now it is virtually impossible to get. It is a rich Oriental Woody scent. I so hope it is a re-release as that seems to be the trend these days. It lasts and is a beautiful Chypre. During the same trip I bought Paloma Picasso. Strong and dense! I loved fashion and photography and the perfumes were a natural way to pull from that world. I used to read W and Elle religiously. The more out there the fashion photography was, the better.

I used to buy an oil from a new age shop here in Fort Lauderdale called Egyptian Musk. It smells exactly the same as the EG. May be the same as the label on the perfume back in the day was just white and homemade. It is a beautiful light blend of musk. I am also finding that being back in Fort Lauderdale, some of my more favorite perfumes that I wore in Austin, TX are not the best here in the humidity. Another one that is great for this climate is the White Musk from Body Shop. It lasts and it smells wonderful.

Other perfumes that are amazing:
Creed: Virgin Island Waters
The Different Company: Sel de Vetiver
Armani Prive: Pierre de Lune
Fresh: Cucumber Index

No comments: