Friday, July 18, 2008

Sherpani Arrives


New Arrival: Sherpani bag no. 2.... second color, same great bag. (first color was Tarragon, a little bright and now the second color is Pebble... I may also get the brown, or Chestnut, for fall) So, I am a little obsessed about bags. I also have an interesting dilemma as I love good looking bags but I also love utilitarian bags. I LOVE pockets and places for things to rest. I am an information architect after all, and since I find places for information on web sites and in web applications all of the time, it is not a stretch to want it in my handbags. The problem I have is that I love expensive handbags or sporty ones (not for their design but for their pockets and function). Nothing (and I have looked) in between. I love the durability, quality and small company feel of the Sherpani but I also love me a Cole Haan or Bottega Veneta too. Sometimes I like Prada but I hate their overall stance on non-couture individuals. What is a girl to do??? I think I have gotten past the "it" bag syndrome but I have not gotten past the "gotta have it" syndrome.

NOTE TO SELF: stop acquiring.... better for the environment and small closet

PS: if you don't believe me about Prada, read this book: Deluxe by Dana Thomas ... it reads great and it goes into how "Luxury Lost its Luster". What makes something a luxury brand? What is behind the marketing of the "it" bag? How much stuff is truly made in China? (you will be surprised to know that companies can add a label that states, for example, Made in Italy, if it has been made in China and some parts, like hardware, are added in Italy.

MOOD: Happy, ready to switch bags





ZWITTER: (Zoe's actions) just outside chasing lizards and went on a sniff about in the backyard. Now that she is back in the a/c, she is lounging on her bed in the office.

Mood: Happy and Content

No comments: