Sunday, September 14, 2008

21 Grams or Blue Pearl


For the record, I have no clue about this ... but what if the meditation "blue pearl" of energy and the 21 grams of the "soul" was the same? What if we are energy? And we return to energy. As I draw my "buddhist art" aka seriously anal detailed drawing and I recreate buddhist symbolism in my work, I had this thought. I am a bit ADD to ever get to the blue pearl of meditation (hence the blog) but it is an interesting concept. There are experiments where they hooked up a buddhist monk to visualize his brain waves during meditation and the image was a bluish pearl/circle. Coincidence? I ran across the concept in the book "Eat, Pray, Love" and have kept it in my brain - contemplating its meaning. So as I sit and draw my buddhist symbols, and as they evolve into a series of connecting circles, I had to wonder about the connection of soul to energy and the two concepts: the blue pearl in meditation and the 21 grams that the body looses in death, attributed by some as the soul. (PS: I am not capitalizing buddhist or any other religious title. my blog, my rules, my affectation.)

… the Blue Pearl [is] the subtlest covering of the individual soul....

When we see this tiny blue light in meditation,
we should understand that we are seeing the form of the inner Self.
To experience this is the goal of human life.

[The Blue Pearl] is tiny, but it contains all the different planes of existence.

- Swami Muktananda

No comments: