Friday, September 19, 2008

Ghost of Tom Joad

"Kathy I'm lost, I said, though I knew she was sleeping. I'm empty and aching and I don't know why... Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike, they've all gone to look for America..." from America, Simon and Garfunkel and it sums up my mood lately. I am empty and I am lost and I look to the future and I have have hope in Obama and I want to believe he will be our Tom Joad because the opposite is bleak. Our place in this world is so diminished by our current leaders. We have lost our connectivity. We build up the Lohans and we tear down the Obamas.

Wherever there is someone struggling to be free look in their eyes and you'll see me. ...The Ghost of Old Tom Joad is a fav Springsteen song of mine but right now I am not seeing hope and it is really getting to me. I need my Tom Joad but I am living in a Steinbeck world and I am hoping that Obama is the future. I would like to see the peace and not the war.
In the meantime, this video is amazing and it creates an energy: Springsteen and Rage Against the Machine

No comments: