Wednesday, November 5, 2008

All things are possible...

I am sitting here just astounded. I am happy for us. I wasn't completely sure this was going to come about. I really thought that fear would leave people voting for what they knew. I also feel this was a close race. But overall I am sitting here thinking that I have a little bit less of a cynical outlook this morning. That is huge for me. I am happy at the turnout and as my friend wrote to me this am, "All things are possible." I can't help but to be happy for african americans... this is a huge message that all things are possible. To think 50 years ago, there were to different fountains for people to drink from. I think there are hard times ahead but I want to bask in this morning after of a huge night.

Peace

1 comment:

Master Dater said...

I couldn't believe how huge the electoral victory was. Amazing! I think the popular vote was still pretty close... something like 7%, but the pundits say that's pretty substantial.

I'm hopeful for our country. We've come a long way, but we still have a hard road ahead of us.

Does Zoe have any thoughts on the First Pup yet? Is she betting on a lab?